The Winnsboro Farmers’ Market 2013 season opens Saturday April 6, 2013 and runs every Saturday, rain or shine, under the Jack Cross Pavilion in the City Park on Wheeler Drive. The market will run through November 2, 2013; returning to Market Street downtown from Oct. 5 through November 2, 2013
The Winnsboro Farmers’ Market is the place to find real food from real farmers. It is one of the few markets that insist foods be strictly homegrown, homemade, and local.
Exciting events planned for this season include:
• May 4, Annual home-made ice cream challenge benefiting the 4H; first prize $100 cash
• May 25, Fit and fun family health day
• June 15, Iron Chef Competition; prizes including $250 cash for first place.
• June 29, Tomato Tasting Event
• July 13, Who Makes the Best Salsa Contest?
• September 21, Gourmet Farm Dinner at Bella Stella Vineyards
The website has a calendar of events and details for registering as a vendor or participating in contests. www.winnsborofarmermarket.com.
Winnsboro Farmers’ Market · Jack Cross Ag Pavilion in City Park on Wheeler Drive
Saturday, April 6 – November 2, 2013
8 am – Noon