Unhomogenized Whole Milk
Artisan Aged Cheeses
Whole & Low Fat Yogurt
Whole Raw Milk Cream
Whole Raw Milk Whey
Jersey Girls Milk Company, Inc.
The Arts Blog
Grahame Hopkins honored with the 2010 Trails Country Treasure award
Anita Williams - Friday, October 01, 2010
Joe Dan Boyd presents the Trails Country
Treasure award to Grahame Hopkins at the
WCA, Sept. 25, 2010.
Graham Hopkins, accompanied by his wife Tracy Hopkins, was honored at a presentation and reception at the Winnsboro Center for the Arts Sunday, September 26, 2010. A sizable crowd of friends and fellow WCA volunteers and supporters filled the center for the two hour afternoon event.
Jon Dan Boyd and Helen Burlingham, two of the three Trails Country Treasure committee members, made presentations. After receiving the plaque that commemorates the award from Joe Dan, Grahame accepted a petroglyph of the hand symbol. The original logo of Trails Country Center for the Arts, now known as Winnsboro Center for the Arts.
Originals and photos of many of his beautiful paintings are currently on display at the WCA.
Both Grahame and Tracy have both devoted themselves to serving Winnsboro, largely through the arts community. They have been great advocates for a thriving arts community and have supported the arts in many ways, from teaching to serving as board members.
The group rose to their feet in a standing ovation in honor of his service, and the award.
Helen Burlingham presents the stylized
hand petroglyph that was the original logo
of the Trails Country Center for the Arts,
now the Winnsboro Center for the Arts.
Georgia Lange Moore originated the logo
and creates the commemorative ceramic
plaques for the recipient each year.
Tracy and Grahame Hopkins are both
staunch supporters of the arts in Winnsboro.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Joe Crookston at the Bowery Stage
- Off Broadway Coffeehouse Friday March 20
- Starry Starry Night at Winnsboro Center for the Arts
- Sara Hickman on The Bowery Stage Saturday Feb. 21
- Mount Vernon Music Sunday March 1 at 3 pm
- Off Broadway Coffeehouse on The Bowery Stage Friday Feb 20
- Light and Motion Special Effects Photography of Scott Hunter Smith
- Farmers Market Gardening Class Staurday at 1 pm
- Michael Johnson on the Bowery Stage Sunday February 8
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts Annual Garage January 29-31st
classical music, Winnsboro Main Street acting classes Winnsboro Wood County Lynn Adler Double C Steakhouse Winnsboro Center for the Arts Al Moore Lake Country Orchestra Winnsboro Fine Art Market art exhibition Adler and Hearne Michael Johnson Winnsboro, Texas Art Workshop Live Music Arts District Crossroads Music Company fine art market Mount Vernon Music winnbsoro tx Bonnie Sir Kegian White Ron Clinton fine art, Bonnie Sir Kegian Chaim Goldberg Winnsboro Online Guide Lindy Hearne Cultural Arts District True Blue Art Classes sculpture
- acting classes (1)
- Adler and Hearne (3)
- Al Moore (1)
- Art Classes (2)
- art exhibition (1)
- Art Workshop (1)
- Arts District (3)
- Bonnie Sir Kegian White (1)
- Chaim Goldberg (1)
- classical music, (1)
- Crossroads Music Company (1)
- Cultural Arts District (5)
- Double C Steakhouse (1)
- fine art market (1)
- fine art, Bonnie Sir Kegian (1)
- Lake Country Orchestra (1)
- Lindy Hearne (1)
- Live Music (5)
- Lynn Adler (1)
- Michael Johnson (1)
- Mount Vernon Music (9)
- Ron Clinton (1)
- sculpture (2)
- True Blue (1)
- winnbsoro tx (13)
- Winnsboro (3)
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts (22)
- Winnsboro Fine Art Market (1)
- Winnsboro Main Street (3)
- Winnsboro Online Guide (2)
- Winnsboro, Texas (14)
- Wood County (6)