Unhomogenized Whole Milk
Artisan Aged Cheeses
Whole & Low Fat Yogurt
Whole Raw Milk Cream
Whole Raw Milk Whey
Jersey Girls Milk Company, Inc.
The Arts Blog
Grahame Hopkins honored with the 2010 Trails Country Treasure award
Anita Williams - Friday, October 01, 2010
Joe Dan Boyd presents the Trails Country
Treasure award to Grahame Hopkins at the
WCA, Sept. 25, 2010.
Graham Hopkins, accompanied by his wife Tracy Hopkins, was honored at a presentation and reception at the Winnsboro Center for the Arts Sunday, September 26, 2010. A sizable crowd of friends and fellow WCA volunteers and supporters filled the center for the two hour afternoon event.
Jon Dan Boyd and Helen Burlingham, two of the three Trails Country Treasure committee members, made presentations. After receiving the plaque that commemorates the award from Joe Dan, Grahame accepted a petroglyph of the hand symbol. The original logo of Trails Country Center for the Arts, now known as Winnsboro Center for the Arts.
Originals and photos of many of his beautiful paintings are currently on display at the WCA.
Both Grahame and Tracy have both devoted themselves to serving Winnsboro, largely through the arts community. They have been great advocates for a thriving arts community and have supported the arts in many ways, from teaching to serving as board members.
The group rose to their feet in a standing ovation in honor of his service, and the award.
Helen Burlingham presents the stylized
hand petroglyph that was the original logo
of the Trails Country Center for the Arts,
now the Winnsboro Center for the Arts.
Georgia Lange Moore originated the logo
and creates the commemorative ceramic
plaques for the recipient each year.
Tracy and Grahame Hopkins are both
staunch supporters of the arts in Winnsboro.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Collage Creativity and all that Jazz May 2nd and 3rd
- Franklin County Arts Alliance upcoming events
- April calendar for Winnsboro Center for the Arts
- WCA presents Adler and Hearne Saturday April 12 7:30 pm of the Bowery Stage
- Mount Vernon Music presents The Quartet for the End of Time Sunday March 30 at 3 pm
- Starry Starry Night Dinner and Art Auction Saturday March 29
- Mount Vernon Music presents Joel Schoenhals at the piano
- Pianist Ron Clinton honors Van Cliburn on Sunday Jan 19 at 3 pm at Mt Vernon Music
- Celebrate Crossroads 8th Anniversary on Fri. Dec. 14 2013
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts Nov and Dec 2013 events
Adler and Hearne Winnsboro Fine Art Market Lindy Hearne Live Music Cultural Arts District fine art market Lake Country Orchestra acting classes classical music, Wood County True Blue art exhibition Ron Clinton fine art, Bonnie Sir Kegian Crossroads Music Company Mount Vernon Music Winnsboro Center for the Arts Chaim Goldberg Winnsboro winnbsoro tx sculpture Winnsboro, Texas Lynn Adler Arts District
- acting classes (1)
- Adler and Hearne (3)
- art exhibition (1)
- Arts District (2)
- Chaim Goldberg (1)
- classical music, (1)
- Crossroads Music Company (1)
- Cultural Arts District (5)
- fine art market (1)
- fine art, Bonnie Sir Kegian (1)
- Lake Country Orchestra (1)
- Lindy Hearne (1)
- Live Music (3)
- Lynn Adler (1)
- Mount Vernon Music (4)
- Ron Clinton (1)
- sculpture (2)
- True Blue (1)
- winnbsoro tx (10)
- Winnsboro (3)
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts (9)
- Winnsboro Fine Art Market (1)
- Winnsboro, Texas (13)
- Wood County (5)