Unhomogenized Whole Milk
Artisan Aged Cheeses
Whole & Low Fat Yogurt
Whole Raw Milk Cream
Whole Raw Milk Whey
Jersey Girls Milk Company, Inc.
The Arts Blog
Grahame Hopkins honored with the 2010 Trails Country Treasure award
Anita Williams - Friday, October 01, 2010
Joe Dan Boyd presents the Trails Country
Treasure award to Grahame Hopkins at the
WCA, Sept. 25, 2010.
Graham Hopkins, accompanied by his wife Tracy Hopkins, was honored at a presentation and reception at the Winnsboro Center for the Arts Sunday, September 26, 2010. A sizable crowd of friends and fellow WCA volunteers and supporters filled the center for the two hour afternoon event.
Jon Dan Boyd and Helen Burlingham, two of the three Trails Country Treasure committee members, made presentations. After receiving the plaque that commemorates the award from Joe Dan, Grahame accepted a petroglyph of the hand symbol. The original logo of Trails Country Center for the Arts, now known as Winnsboro Center for the Arts.
Originals and photos of many of his beautiful paintings are currently on display at the WCA.
Both Grahame and Tracy have both devoted themselves to serving Winnsboro, largely through the arts community. They have been great advocates for a thriving arts community and have supported the arts in many ways, from teaching to serving as board members.
The group rose to their feet in a standing ovation in honor of his service, and the award.
Helen Burlingham presents the stylized
hand petroglyph that was the original logo
of the Trails Country Center for the Arts,
now the Winnsboro Center for the Arts.
Georgia Lange Moore originated the logo
and creates the commemorative ceramic
plaques for the recipient each year.
Tracy and Grahame Hopkins are both
staunch supporters of the arts in Winnsboro.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Lunch at Liefi Li Vine with an afternoon of painting
- Kathy Rachel presents and outdoor painting party on November 1 2014
- WInnsboro Center for the Arts presents Bonnie & Clyde theatrical perfomance
- Photo Expo October 24 to November 9 2014 at Winnsboro Center for the Arts
- Steve Davison and Peter Janson on the Bowery Stage Monday Oct. 20
- Georgia and Al Moore to Receive the 2014 Trails Country Treasure Award Sunday Oct 5 2014
- Mount Vernon Music presents Moller-Fraticelli Classical Guitar Sunday Oct. 5 2014 at 3 pm
- Adler & Hearne CD Release Saturday October 4 2014
- Susan Gibson on the Bowery Stage Friday October 10
- Bent Wire Sculpture Workshop with Valery Guignon
Lindy Hearne Live Music Winnsboro Center for the Arts Mount Vernon Music winnbsoro tx sculpture Lake Country Orchestra classical music, Lynn Adler Chaim Goldberg art exhibition True Blue fine art market Winnsboro, Texas Art Workshop Winnsboro Art Classes Cultural Arts District Arts District Winnsboro Fine Art Market Crossroads Music Company Adler and Hearne acting classes Bonnie Sir Kegian White Al Moore fine art, Bonnie Sir Kegian Ron Clinton Wood County
- acting classes (1)
- Adler and Hearne (3)
- Al Moore (1)
- Art Classes (2)
- art exhibition (1)
- Art Workshop (1)
- Arts District (3)
- Bonnie Sir Kegian White (1)
- Chaim Goldberg (1)
- classical music, (1)
- Crossroads Music Company (1)
- Cultural Arts District (5)
- fine art market (1)
- fine art, Bonnie Sir Kegian (1)
- Lake Country Orchestra (1)
- Lindy Hearne (1)
- Live Music (3)
- Lynn Adler (1)
- Mount Vernon Music (7)
- Ron Clinton (1)
- sculpture (2)
- True Blue (1)
- winnbsoro tx (12)
- Winnsboro (3)
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts (16)
- Winnsboro Fine Art Market (1)
- Winnsboro, Texas (13)
- Wood County (5)