The Arts Blog
Grahame Hopkins honored with the 2010 Trails Country Treasure award
Anita Williams - Friday, October 01, 2010
Joe Dan Boyd presents the Trails Country
Treasure award to Grahame Hopkins at the
WCA, Sept. 25, 2010.
Graham Hopkins, accompanied by his wife Tracy Hopkins, was honored at a presentation and reception at the Winnsboro Center for the Arts Sunday, September 26, 2010. A sizable crowd of friends and fellow WCA volunteers and supporters filled the center for the two hour afternoon event.
Jon Dan Boyd and Helen Burlingham, two of the three Trails Country Treasure committee members, made presentations. After receiving the plaque that commemorates the award from Joe Dan, Grahame accepted a petroglyph of the hand symbol. The original logo of Trails Country Center for the Arts, now known as Winnsboro Center for the Arts.
Originals and photos of many of his beautiful paintings are currently on display at the WCA.
Both Grahame and Tracy have both devoted themselves to serving Winnsboro, largely through the arts community. They have been great advocates for a thriving arts community and have supported the arts in many ways, from teaching to serving as board members.
The group rose to their feet in a standing ovation in honor of his service, and the award.
Helen Burlingham presents the stylized
hand petroglyph that was the original logo
of the Trails Country Center for the Arts,
now the Winnsboro Center for the Arts.
Georgia Lange Moore originated the logo
and creates the commemorative ceramic
plaques for the recipient each year.
Tracy and Grahame Hopkins are both
staunch supporters of the arts in Winnsboro.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Celebrate Crossroads 8th Anniversary on Fri. Dec. 14 2013
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts Nov and Dec 2013 events
- Rennaissance Man - Men in the Arts Exhibit at Winnsboro Center for the Arts
- Mount Vernon Music presents the Texas Guitar Quartet on Saturday Nov 23 at 7:30 pm
- Author Caryl McAdoo at the Winnsboro Center for the Arts Sunday Nov 17 2013
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts Newsletter with events through December
- Call for Volunteers and Pizza Lovers
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts September Events
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts April-May Newsletter
- Chaim Goldberg exhibits have been in high-pofile art museums worldwide. . . and now in Winnsboro, TX
Live Music Chaim Goldberg Lynn Adler Cultural Arts District Winnsboro, Texas Arts District Winnsboro Center for the Arts Lindy Hearne fine art, Bonnie Sir Kegian Mount Vernon Music Winnsboro Fine Art Market fine art market sculpture Crossroads Music Company Adler and Hearne Wood County Lake Country Orchestra True Blue winnbsoro tx Winnsboro acting classes
- acting classes (1)
- Adler and Hearne (2)
- Arts District (1)
- Chaim Goldberg (1)
- Crossroads Music Company (1)
- Cultural Arts District (5)
- fine art market (1)
- fine art, Bonnie Sir Kegian (1)
- Lake Country Orchestra (1)
- Lindy Hearne (1)
- Live Music (2)
- Lynn Adler (1)
- Mount Vernon Music (1)
- sculpture (2)
- True Blue (1)
- winnbsoro tx (9)
- Winnsboro (3)
- Winnsboro Center for the Arts (7)
- Winnsboro Fine Art Market (1)
- Winnsboro, Texas (11)
- Wood County (3)