Explore all Shopping in and around the Winnsboro Area
Winner of the Best Produce for 2018
The Market Will Open April 4, 2020
An Important Message from Stacey Finley at the WFM
After carefully considering the pros & cons of delaying our opening day, Winnsboro Farmers’ Market has decided to open as planned on April 4th. This decision was not made lightly & we will be making every effort to keep our vendors & customers safe. However, we see ourselves as essential to both producers & consumers, and believe that we will be providing an important service during this time. A simple fact of farmers’ markets compared to grocery chains is there are far less hands/distributions needed to get products from farm to table. Additionally, the market is run outdoors, allowing space for distancing. This minimizes chances of spreading illness, while still helping to feed & sustain our community.
You will notice the following precautions being taken by WFM, which will remain intact until the time we feel it is safe to return to ‘business as usual’:
• We will limit vendor numbers by only allowing essentials: produce, dairy, eggs, meats, & breads. This will allow us to space vendor booths at least 6 feet apart from one another.
• Vendors will take added sanitation measures: hand disinfecting between transactions, placing all goods in new packaging, keeping money handling to a minimum. We ask that the public take the following added precautions when attending the market:
• Do NOT attend if you have any symptoms of illness.
• Keep a minimum of 6 feet between yourselves. If there is a customer already in a vendor booth, please wait your turn from a safe distance.
• Do not touch the products, but instead point & allow vendors to place them in your reusable shopping bag or a new one provided by vendor.
• Bring a variety of cash bills or plan to use a credit/debit card (although not all vendors will have this option). Try to give proper change for transactions to minimize money handling.
• Wash hands before & after attending.
Thanks for your cooperation; we look forward to serving you!!!
Spring, Summer and Fall
A real seasonal treasure in Winnsboro the Farmers’ Market offers a wide variety of items from bread, vegetables, honey, flowers, knife sharpening, meat, eggs and more. The Farmers’ Market won the Best Produce for the Upper East side of Texas by the County Line Magazine competition for 2018.
Open from April through October from 8 am to noon on Saturdays on Market Street.
The Winnsboro Farmers’ Market was started in 2008 and has enjoyed continued growth. In 2018 they introduced On-line Shopping which has become very popular.
Visit the Farmers’ Market at www.winnsborofarmersmarket.com
2020 Schedule of Events